by Dale Shumaker
The series on the Body of Christ... or where is the Power in the Church, and how can we experience it, live it, and see it again.
This series is based on my discussions with a man of God who founded a college for the purpose to see this fulfilled. It's a word for the future. We are coming into that future. My job was to keep it alive until its time. As Jesus said in John 7, "my time has not yet come." It will be here soon. Dr. J. Robert Ashcroft had a vision for a time in the future. It is close to being here.
Please consider the meaning between the lines if you choose to read the chapters of the Body of Christ. Dr. Ashcroft was a prophetic voice. Those of us in range of the voice would be served well to take heed.
All the chapters below are archived August, 2011. Click on that archive month and the whole series will come up. Included are the dates when a particular chapter was posted. A teacher, mentor, discussion leader could take this content and using the team building dynamic process included to effectively empower a group.
The Body of Christ by Dr. J. Robert Ashcroft (a summary with emphasis added by this writer)
Tuesday, August 09, 2011
1. The Body of Christ ... The Power of Christ as a Body of Believers
Be Humble as a child, be Teachable and Forgiving.
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
2.The Body of Christ ... In Mystery
Knowing that He Finds Us where we are.
Thursday, August 11, 2011
3. The Body of Christ ... In Revelation
Realizing the Power in Agreement and what it means.
Friday, August 12, 2011
4. The Body of Christ ... In Baptism
Allowing the Spirit to Baptize, Saturate your Being.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
5. The Body of Christ ... The Practical
Developing our lives Spiritually in Word transformation and Prayer.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
6. The Body of Christ ... In Intercession
Interceding in Prayer for each other.
Monday, August 15, 2011
7. The Body of Christ ... Covenant Connection
Covenant Connections... the importance of Intimacy in Relationships.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
8. The Body of Christ ... Equipped for Greater Things
Formation of becoming One as a unit in Spirit. Gifts of Spirit emerge.
Friday, August 19, 2011
9. The Body of Christ ... In Action
Advancing the Gifts of Spirit.
Saturday, August 20, 2011
10. The Body of Christ ... Ministering to the Lord
The Power of Ministry to the Lord.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
11. The Body of Christ ... It's Here, so Now What?
Ministry to Mankind and Keeping it Going.
Purpose, mission with power is established.
A Process for developing a Group in the Dynamics of the Body of Christ.
An emerging group has these phases of development.
1. History giving. What is your story and what has brought you to where you are?
2. Confessing. Share both successes and failures, in a absence of judging.
3. Gift spotting. What are we specifically good at that God uses.
4. Gift enhancing. Confirming what we see in others, spurring to action.
5. Teaming. Bringing what we have into a unit to aid each other, accomplish an objective.
6. Mission. What God is using us for, as a unit.
7. Supportive. Helping each other and keeping each other going as we do it.
8. Perseverant. Lifting each other up as we must press through things.
9. Establishing Faith. Belief in God, loving each other, becoming strong in Him.
10. Living in Power. Seeing the manifestation of God's Power as we complete His mission in our lives.
(Please contact this writer for suggestions and guidance on how to train others in the above.)